Today’s writing challenge….The Future Challenge. The title pretty much is self-explanatory.
Thank you, My Crazy Path , for the nomination.
Here are the rules:
Link back to the challenge creators, Dreams and Movie Screens , so she can track your progress.
Share 5 things about your future (jobs, kids, marriage, travel etc). Then one day you can look back and find out how psychic you really are.
In the future, I will:
- I will be able to find time to pursue writing in whatever form I desire. Right now, I have a difficult time finding the time, energy, and space to dedicate to writing in the way I like. Years ago, I did a lot of different kinds of writing. (Poetry, Journaling, Short stories, Erotica, etc….) I would like to return to trying my hand it at if for no other reason than my enjoyment. I have many obstacles in my way right now that eat my free time and I think that in the future I will be able to dedicate more of my time the way I would like.
2. I will find time to travel. I want to see more of the U.S. I really would like to visit Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, India, Scotland, Greece, and Central America. I am not picky about where I travel but those are my preferences should I get a choice. I find other cultures fascinating and I want to see how people truly live in their country. I want to see it through their eyes. That means the good, bad, beautiful, scary, happy, ugly, etc… The best way to understand and embrace our differences seems to be to “walk a mile ” in others shoes. There is far too much hate and intolerance in the world. I don’t want to go around with my eyes shut and blinded to the world. Being curious by nature, travel is something that I have always wanted to do and hope to do in the future.
3. I would love to have my own business. It really doesn’t matter to me whether it is online or an actual store. I would love to have a Pagan store/bookshop. I want it to encompass more than just pretty jewelry and premade potions. I would like to see classes held there, and other group events. I want it to be a welcoming place. Well, I guess that would mean that I would prefer an actual space. LOL
4. I will grow a bigger garden. I love to cook and I want to start becoming more serious about canning. I would eventually love to have enough of my own veggies and fruits that we can offset our cost of groceries. I am especially interested in organic gardening and am learning to do that now. I love growing herbs but would like to extend my knowledge to include healing properties and natural products that we can use(i.e. soaps, shampoos, cleaning products, medicines, teas, etc….) I have found that gardening helps center my thoughts and helps me drown out the daily grind. Ultimately, it helps me indulge my paganism in a way that I don’t always get the time to.
5. I will go back to school. I have no desire to follow the traditional 4 to 8 years (or more of college). I started that and did very well in it but my life was very different then. I no longer want to pursue the career or path I was pursing. I am very interested in sociology, cultural studies, literature, the history and practice of religion and of course, writing. I am not sure when I will start this but it my plan for the future. I would love to be able to earn money and do something I love. Who hasn’t said that before? 🙂
I don’t have anyone yet to send this too. I am still pretty new to this site so I am really not sure who to pass this on too. Maybe in the future, I can add that.
Thank you again, My Crazy Path , for sending this to me. I have really enjoyed writing this. Blessings to you and those who read it.